Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter.



apologies that this is so late, but, this was Easter for us this year. My first Easter as a Johnson. I was sad to not see the Baker family, but the weekend and celebrations were so fun! Eventually I'll get used to this switching-off holiday thing.




Easter Sunday started at the Ratcliff's home for pictures, followed by a church service, then an egg hunt and lunch.






We had a LOT of good laughs. I enjoy every minute I get to spend with Blake and his family. His mom, dad, brother, all the great cousins, his aunts and uncles, grandmas and grandpas. I think you get my point here. I just adore Blake's family, they've always been so warm and loving towards me since day one.






Something new that I got to witness, the church service. I just loved the whole picture of the entire family on the porch, singing worship to our God and joining in communion together. What a beautiful picture of the church and community.




I love seeing God in different ways - I can't think of the word I want to use - but it makes my heart feel at peace, warm and big. My heart feels big? I don't know - but that's the feeling. Knowing that at that time, there are people all over Friendswood, all over Texas, all over the world doing the exact same thing we're doing. Singing praise to God. It gives me chills writing it down. We are such a small part of this - but even in that I can feel Him right there.




Now, I wish I could explain the festivities that make up the Easter egg hunt - but I just think everyone will get confused. I'll leave it as one of those things you just have to witness. (I'm so sad I had to embark on it this year without guidance and wisdom from Reagan and Kacey) But, I learned quickly... got all my eggs and picked good numbers for the fireplace gift!



I can't wait to look back in 15 years at this picture as our first Easter together. We'll probably laugh at our clothes and hair, but I just cannot wait. I can't wait to see the progression of just Blake and I, to Blake and I pregnant, to Blake and I with 7 kids.. oh yes!






No comments:

Post a Comment