Monday, May 14, 2012

LC's bikini boot camp

I (and poor Blake, by default) have started Lauren Conrad's bikini boot camp. I giggle just a tad when I think of Blake trying to get bikini bod ready. I'm really terrible at diets or boot camps, but I am all about trying to eat heathier, so I liked a lot of things from her post.

For example, I love the idea of having a glass of lemon water, hot or cold, right when you wake up, along with 50 crunches and 60 second plank. Maybe a nice little stretch too, I'll start that tomorrow!

Also, her snack ideas actually sound delicious!

Her "off-limits" list is pretty good too!
Proven easy: no eating 2-3 hours before bed, and no white bread or white rice.
Proven EXTREMELY difficult: no sweets or soda. Cheated once already on soda, and a few on the sweets. Yikes.

While I haven't stuck to this boot-camp plan at all really, I have been incorporating a few things into life, and even if it's just mental, I'm feeling better! heathier!

Sunday morning before church we had whole grain toast with 1/4 of mashed avocado (very specific) and a fried egg on top. Blake like it, he even asked me, "so, this is healthy?" fooled him! hah!

Lunch Saturday - turkey and cheese roll-ups with carrots dipped in hummus. I've always liked hummus, but now that it got LC's stamp of approval I just feel more glamorous and exciting eating it!! I have an unhealthy obsession with Laguna Beach and the Hills.

 and, dinner Sunday night. Ground Turkey Taco Salad.

Also, this weekend, the boys (Blake and Michael) tackled a coffee table! One of my best friends, Hope, is marrying Michael, he was so sweet to build her this coffee table as her wedding gift. I love this idea, so much! It was fun checking in on them. Men being men. Blake learned his wood working skills from his Papoo, and it was cool to see him using those to teach/help Michael.

While the boys built this I used an old window to make my "command center" in my kitchen. I'm hanging it tonight, so hopefully will have an update and explanation later! (and more updates on these bikini boot-camp foods!)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    I started a diet/exercise plan today and I remembered seeing that yummy avo-toast in your blog. I made it this morning and oh my gosh, amazing! I could literally have that for breakfast almost everyday. Thanks for sharing!
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete