Monday, February 25, 2013

new old lamps

Here's a simple lamp switch and some day-dreaming about the future state of our bedroom.
I'm on this slow and steady process of a project that I've imposed upon myself. Project Eliminate Color.
This is where we're at on your typical day. 
The wall color kills me, but alas, unchangeable per landlord.
Mint colored lamps. I loved them the day we brought them home, and I love them to this day, just not in here anymore.

  Blake's mom gave me these new lamps a while back and they've been hiding out in the attic until now. They were brass at first, but with a little spray-paint lovin' they have a new life. A colorless life. 
 Also - someone found their white balance button on Photoshop - woo hoo! So, please excuse some of these photos, I was messing around with all the different ways to balance! I'm probably a little too exited about this. 
 So I didn't know about the old lamp shades on the new bases, but I think they need to be smaller, and whiter?  hah.
Still debating.
Also - naked duvet insert! Shield your eyes!
 I'm trying to see what it would look like with just a simple white duvet cover. 
 The shape is kinda pretty, right? A little romantic even?
 These little babies are growing a muck in our back yard. One point for free flowers!
 Here we are at the end. How about a before and after of my quick weekend project?
Here's the day-dreaming part. Squint, can you see it? White duvet, new lumbar pillow in THIS fabric, an Ikea throw at the end (I have my eye on two potential candidates) and I think we're getting somewhere! Next, maybe color eliminate that ledge.



No comments:

Post a Comment