Thursday, September 15, 2011

it's here.. it's here.. IT'S HEREEEE!

Today is the day I've been waiting for. For two reasons. First, it's that cool weather. finally. (Must have been all that fall decorating I've been doing around the house) Secondly, PUMPKINS APPEARED AT TOM THUMB, and grocery stores across Dallas apparently.

All in all, it's been a great Thursday. I got so distracted from all the excitement of seeing real live pumpkins at the store that I almost forgot about that perfect fall candle I've been day-dreaming about. I started searching like a mad woman for candles in Tom Thumb, low and behold, I found the ideal pumpkin spice candle. Candle and pumpkins in basket I raced for the check out. I NEEDED TO GET HOME TO DECORATE!

I think I'm becoming slightly obsessed.

Either way. Here's our autumn table. (synonym for fall, eh eh?)

nothing too special, pretty understated. Just a small collection of things that remind me of the season. :)

Details would be... apothecary jars filled to the brim with mini pinecones.

decorative pumpkins!! holla!

and, the perfect fall candle, surrounded by a pinecone "garland" that was previously placed on the mantel, but Blake pulled the 'ol veto card - so now it lies on our table.

I truly love it. and, the smells, the smells coming from that room are almost edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment