Friday, October 28, 2011

Crockpot: Attempt #2

I was previously disappointed in my crockpot experience a couple months back. It was ok, but not everything people had been telling me about with this crockpot cooking technique. I also had issues with forgetting to turn it on in the mornings, so it took me about 3 days to cook one crockpot meal. But, I didn't want to write it off completely just because my own forgetful mistakes, so here is take two:


Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken

3 to 4 chicken breast

6 to 8 strips of bacon

1/2 cup of BBQ sauce

1 to 2 apples, peeled or grated

1 lemon - juiced


In other recipes they had you mixing the lemon juice, sauce and apples in a bowl first, but I just dumped everything into the crockpot at once.


1. Drizzled a little BBQ sauce in bottom of pot.

2. Laid 3 chicken breasts wrapped in bacon down.

3. Threw in one honeycrisp apple (peeled and diced in my case)

4. Poured rest of the bottle of BBQ sauce on top. (I used a whole bottle, not just 1/2 c)

5. Squeezed lemon on top of everything.

6. Cooked on low for 8 hours.


I didn't even need the knife pictured above, the chicken just fell apart.

(mouth is watering as I type this)


What I learned: Wait to add the apples until the end, maybe an hour out? I'm not sure, the apples cooked for 8 hours, and were mush, delicious mush, but I wish I could have had a little crisp instead of apple sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment